35mm Slide Transfer to DVD
Professional Scanning and Imaging Services
Your personal collection of photo and 35mm film materials whether stored in carousels, cartridges, bags, paper sleeves, albums, cases or just sitting loose in the bottom of a box can now be digitized and recorded to long life DVD.
Scanning service highlights
- 35mm slides, mounted or unmounted. Film strips, negatives or positives
- APS cartridge film strip scanning
- Other film sizes we will scan for you: 126, 127, 110 and photos
- Free Digital ICE, defect removal and Digital ROC, color correction
- Large and medium format scanning, negatives and positives
- Free image density correction on every film frame
- True high resolution optical scanning tools and equipment up to 4000dpi
- Your images recorded to industrial grade DVD media
- Optional: Archival Gold DVD storage media for long reliable storage
- Free film cleaning prior to scan
- Free image re-orientation: mirrored, landscape, portrait rotation
- Free Adobe Photoshop touch-ups and fixes when necessary
- Export to TIFF, Targa, etc. Default by JPEG.
- Custom designed slideshows on DVD for your TV viewing enjoyment
Transferring your 35mm slides, 35mm film strips or photos to DVD is a great step forward in saving your family memories from disappearing forever. Using true high resolution optical scanning devices like our Nikon Coolscan film scanners, ensure exceptional results in preserving any of the remaining image detail and to enable the true colors of your photographic materials to pop out. Whether as film negatives or positives, mounted or un-mounted, we will organize, then convert your 35mm film slides, 35mm film negatives, 35mm film strips, APS cartridges, 126 film size, 127 film size, 110 film size or photos into a graphic file format of your choosing ready for recording to DVD or CD media. Lightly compressed JPEG is used by default. Ask us about other graphic file formats that will work for you (TIFF, RAW, TARGA etc.).
How much it costs
To transfer your 35mm slides to DVD or 35mm film strips to DVD as high quality JPEG files, we charge between $0.70 to $1.99 per film slide (or film strip frame), depending on the resolution required. For photo transfer to DVD, your price is $0.99 per photo for any size up to 12 x 15 inches in size. All slides and photos needing to have additional adjustments to bring out the best image possible will be brought into Adobe Photoshop for repair at no extra charge. Below is a chart that will help you determine which resolution would best suit your needs:
|$0.35/slide||1000 dpi||Prints 3″ x 5″—Non archival quality, but great for DVD slideshows|
|$0.55/slide||2000 dpi||Prints 6″ x 9″—Best compromise between quality and price|
|$0.85/slide||3000 dpi||Prints 9.5″ x 14″—Excellent quality, superb prints|
|$1.05/slide||4000 dpi||Prints 13″ x 19″—Archival quality scans|
|$1.55/slide||1500 dpi||Medium Format—Archival quality scans|
|$0.99/photo||300 dpi||Standard. Color corrected, for all photo sizes less than 12″ x 15″|
|$1.25/photo||600 dpi||Excellent reproduction. Color corrected as standard|
The per slide/photo charges described above include the price to burn your digitized JPEG images of your project onto as many DVD-R discs as necessary.
There is a minimum charge of $35.00 per job.
call us at 613 836-9683 or Email: at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
We also do wonderful slideshows with or without an audio track in HD or SD. Please enquire